The staff at WSA are here for you. And we love lighting. No matter how big or small your needs are, you can count on us to arrive at the smartest solution for your lighting needs.
Work with us
At WSA, we pride ourselves on our genuine love for lighting and our consummate knowledge on the subject. We encourage employees to stay on top of industry trends and remain passionate about their work. Do you think you think you’d be a good fit for the WSA team? Check out our job listings below or simply drop us a line and tell us about yourself. Who knows? You might be the next bright light on our team.
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the Project Team and works alongside the Project Manager (Quoters). The individual is responsible for overseeing all activities of a project after it has been quoted and “won” all while building strong relationships with clients. Projects vary in size and complexity, but the project coordinator deals with everything from reviewing drawings and specification, accommodating special requirements from customers, releasing PO’s, issuing post-sales claims and providing solutions to invoicing.
- Release purchase orders to manufacturers
- Coordinate on-site deliveries and follow delivery schedules provided by client
- Provide outstanding customer service to ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost- effective manner
- Read and understand shop drawings, site plans and fixture schedules and other technical files
- Coordinate and schedule on-site commissioning with technician
- Communicate with electrical distributors, electrical contractors and lighting manufacturers
- Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Post-sales: Assist with technical support and troubleshooting to provide solutions to the client.
- Undertake in-house and specific training as available
- Attend project meetings
- Attend staff meetings
- Provide input to performance review on an annual basis
- Complete projects with invoicing
- Tracking sample or accommodation orders
- Other miscellaneous requests by team members
- Bilingual (French, English) written and spoken
- Good computer skills: Excel, Outlook and other computer programs (training for Oasis and Agile system will be provided)
- Resourceful, problem-solving skills and customer service oriented
- Positive attitude and friendly
- Quick learner and works well under pressure and deadlines (sense of urgency)
- Organized and can manage multiple projects at once
- Detail oriented and efficient
- Willing to learn and grow